HALL UTILIZATION AGREEMENT SOUTH ORANGE ELKS LODGE #1154
THIS AGREEMENT (the “Agreement”), made as of this date ___________________________ is by and between SOUTH ORANGE ELKS LODGE #1154 (the “Lodge”), whose address is 220 Prospect Street, South Orange, NJ 07079, and
_________________________________________________________ (the “User”). WHEREAS, User wishes to use Lodge space for
________________________________ (the “Event”); with total headcount to be __________. (max 100)
In consideration of the mutual promises and covenants contained herein, the Parties agree as follows:
1. SOUTH ORANGE ELKS LODGE #1154 hereby grants to User limited and revocable access to use the following space: SOUTH ORANGE ELKS LODGE #1154 Hall (the “Space”). The access permits user to utilize the Space only on the Event Date, during the hours specified below, and only for the purposes set forth above.
2. Event Date. The Event shall be held on ___________________ (the “Event Date”), between the hours of ________ and _________. User shall not have access to the Space at any time other than these hours on the Event Date
Hours include setup and cleanup. _________(initial)
3. Lodge Hall is for members use and for use as a donation to recipients to the programs of the Grand Lodge of Elks only and are not required to pay a set fee for Hall use. SOUTH ORANGE ELKS LODGE #1154 Charities programs appreciate donations to help us continue SOUTH ORANGE ELKS LODGE #1154 programs. DONATION AMOUNT: __________ (if over 70 people please add $75) (members add $50)
4. Conditions of Premises and Clean-up: The User is responsible to keep the Lodge Hall in a reasonably clean condition and is expected to clear tops of tables and remove any items from the floor into trash cans provided by the Lodge. Aside from the specifications set forth above, the Space shall be provided as-is and Lodge makes no warranty to User regarding the suitability of the Space for intended use. User shall leave the Space in the same or similar condition as when they entered. User shall be responsible for any damage caused to the Space beyond ordinary wear and tear, and shall be required to arrange for the repair of any such damage. In the event that User does not satisfactorily arrange for such repair, Lodge shall be entitled to arrange for any necessary repair at User’s expense. User shall reimburse Lodge for the balance of any such repairs within 30 days of receipt of Lodge’s written request for reimbursement, which request shall be accompanied by written verification of the amount of expenses incurred.
5. Right of Entry. Lodge shall have the right to enter the Hall at any time for any reasonable purpose, including any Emergency that may threaten damage to Lodge property, or injury to any person in or near the Hall. A member of the lodge will be on premises at all times.
6. Indemnification. User hereby indemnifies and holds harmless SOUTH ORANGE ELKS LODGE #1154, its members, officers, and directors from any damages, actions, suits, claims or other costs (including reasonable attorney’s fees) arising out of or in connection with any damage to any property or any injury caused to any person (including death) caused by User of the Hall, including any acts or omissions on the part of SOUTH ORANGE LODGE #1154, its members, officers, directors, or other agents. User shall notify Lodge of any damage or injury of which it has knowledge in, to, or near the Hall, regardless of the cause of such damage or injury.
7. Permitted Use. User is authorized pursuant to the utilization agreement to use the Hall to hold the Event, and for no other purpose, unless Lodge gives User prior written authorization for additional permitted uses. User may not use the Hall in any manner that may render the Insurance for the Lodge or upon any of Lodge’s property void, or which may result in increased insurance premiums for Lodge with respect to the Hall or any other of Lodge’s property.
8. Compliance with Laws. User shall obtain and maintain any necessary permits, licenses, or other forms of permission necessary to use the Hall according to the permitted used in a lawful manner. User shall not use the Hall in any manner that would violate local, state or federal laws or regulations. User hereby indemnifies SOUTH ORANGE ELKS #1154, its members, officers, directors or any other agents for any damages, penalties, fines, suits, actions or other costs (including reasonable attorneys’ fees) arising out of or in connection with User’s violation of any local, state or federal law, rule, regulation or ordinance related to use of the Hall.
9. Kitchen Use. Due to Insurance restrictions, use of the kitchen is permitted for members only during Hall Utilization. This agreement does not allow for the kitchen area to be part of the Hall. No use of stove/oven. _______(initial)
10. Force Majeure. In the event that the Lodge is unable, for reason beyond its control, to make the Hall available to User on the Even Date for the purposes as set forth in this Agreement, User’s only resource will be the option of choosing an alternate date to hold the Event (the “Alternate Event Date”), if User so chooses. The User agrees that the Lodge cannot be held responsible for any costs, fees, payments or anything relating to any loss due to the cancellation of the User date for reasons beyond the Lodge control. If User selects an Alternate Event Data that is reasonably acceptable to Lodge, then the Alternate Event Data shall replace the Event Date for the purposes of this Agreement, and all obligations, rights, duties and privileges as set forth in this Agreement shall remain binding on the Parties.
11. Governing Law. This Agreement shall be construed in accordance with, and governed in all respects by, the laws of the State of New Jersey, without regard to conflicts of law principles.
12. Alcoholic Beverages. Alcoholic Beverages may be brought in for events but must be left in the keeping of the bartender. Serving of the said alcohol will be done by a member in good standing of SOUTH ORANGE ELKS LODGE #1154. Unauthorized use of alcohol in Lodge Hall will lead to revocation of this agreement and immediate removal from Lodge premises. The South Orange Elks Lodge bar remains closed during non-member events. The Elks can serve alcohol provided by The User ______(initial)
13. Notice. Any notice required or otherwise given pursuant to this Agreement shall be in writing and mailed certified return receipt requested, postage prepaid, or delivered by overnight delivery service addressed as follows: If to User:
Email __________________________________ Cell phone__________________________
South Orange Elks #1154: 220 Prospect Street, South Orange, NJ 07079
14. Prohibited. The use of confetti/glitter on lodge premises is prohibited.________(initial)
15. Headings. The headings for section herein are for convenience only and shall not affect the meaning of the provisions of this Agreement.
16. Entire Agreement. This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between User and Lodge, and supersedes any prior understanding or representation of any kind preceding the date of this Agreement. There are no other promises, conditions, understandings or other agreements, whether oral or written, relating to the subject matter of this Agreement.
I understand my deposit is not refundable _____(initial)
IN WITNESS WHEREOF, the parties have caused this Agreement to be executed the day and year first above written
User: South Orange Elks Lodge #1154:
Signature ___________________________________ Signature ________________________________
Print name ___________________________________ Print name _______________________________